Be Sustainable : How to Use WCI and ECI to save water and electricity use ?

₹75+
0 ratings


BESustainable

Smart Use of Water and Electricity for Reducing Climate change impact: How?

The average American family uses approximately 70% of its 300 gallons of water per day indoors. The majority of household water comes from public sources, such as a water tower, which gets 63% of its water from surface water sources like rivers, lakes, and streams. The remaining 37% is pumped from aquifers and other groundwater sources.

Your neighborhood's water supply is strained due to the combined water use of all of the residents. Water shortages may require some communities to update their outdated wastewater treatment and delivery systems. This could lead to higher consumer water prices, water rationing to manage any shortages, and costly water treatment projects to upgrade outdated facilities.(Read in detail at NEEF)

Again, almost all forms of electricity generate waste. For example, natural gas releases carbon dioxide and nitrogen oxide. Earth's atmosphere traps these gases, leading to air pollution and smog. Weather patterns and geological variations can affect the prevalence of smog in a particular area.

The domestic use of both water and electricity contributes to climate change and as a result, smart use of both the resources is need of the hour.

Impact of Domestic Consumption of Water and Electricity

Humans directly alter the dynamics of the water cycle by building dams to store water and taking water for domestic, commercial, and agricultural purposes. Water supply and demand are also expected to be affected by climate change. Domestic demand for water from urban consumers is increasing as large-scale rural-to-urban conversion occurs around the world.

On the other hand, “Electricity production (25% of 2020 greenhouse gas emissions) – Electric power generates the second largest share of greenhouse gas emissions. Approximately 60% of our electricity comes from burning fossil fuels, mostly coal and natural gas.”(EPA)

Causes of Increase in GHG and Change in climatic pattern

One of the main causes of the increase in GHG in the atmosphere was found to be the unrestrained use of water and electricity by domestic consumers. The volume of unutilized water in a catchment rises as a result of the unplanned use of water waste. Again, the indiscriminate use of electricity for luxury by domestic consumers raises the cost of electricity production, which raises the demand for burning fossil fuels. The combustion of fossil fuels emits GHGs into the atmosphere. So, if the daily use of water and electricity can be monitored and optimized to eliminate unnecessary resource use, a substantial portion of water and electricity waste can be effectively reduced.

Why monitoring, regulating, and planning water and electricity consumption is important?

It will help us become sustainable.

Conserve Energy and Water: two of the most significant natural resources of the World which is available widely but shrinking rapidly.

Reduce our carbon footprint.

Reduce our impact on climate change.

Help us become GREEN.

How Be Sustainable will help us monitor, regulate and plan the water and electricity use ?

Be Sustainable has two indicators that were created to monitor and represent the level of water and electricity consumption in a household on a daily basis. There are two apps linked to the indicators that allow any domestic consumer to:

1)Monitor

2)Regulate

3)Plan

the use of water and electricity supplied to his/her household. Thereby conserving the utility of water and energy resources.

Above all, it makes us SUSTAINABLE.

What are WCI and ECI

Water Consumption Indicator or WCI is used for monitoring, regulating, and planning our water use, and Electricity Consumption Indicator, or ECI is used for monitoring, regulating, and planning the electricity use of our household.


I want this!

Apps that make you sustainable

Water Conservation Indicator ?
Yes
Electricity Conservation Indicator ?
Yes
Weekly Tips and Tricks on Water Conservation
Yes
Weekly Tips and Tricks on Energy Conservation
Yes
₹75+

Be Sustainable : How to Use WCI and ECI to save water and electricity use ?

0 ratings
I want this!